- Write about your favorite animal. Tell why it is your favorite animal.
- Think about your favorite game. Write a paragraph explaining why it is your favorite game to play.
- Imagine you have a new student in your class. Write a paragraph telling him/her what he/she needs to know to be successful in your class.
- Imagine you could go anywhere in the world. Write about where you would like to go and why you want to go there.
- Think of your favorite job at home or in the classroom. Write about why it is your favorite job.
- Explain why it is important to learn how to read.
- Think about an invention that you use a lot. Explain why this invention has been helpful in your life.
- Think about your five senses (sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing). Choose the one that you think would be the most difficult to live without and explain why.
- Think about careers/jobs that you might want to pursue in the future. Choose one and explain why you would want to peruse it, and what preparation you will need in order to work in that field.
- Think about music. Write to explain the importance of music in your life.