Features of Persuasive Writing
- It begins with a topic sentence.
- It offers an opinion on a specific topic and attempts to convince the reader that the opinion is correct.
- It has logical arguments supported with reasons and evidence that relate to the topic.
- It presents an effective emotional appeal and presents arguments and opinions in a logical order. The strongest most appealing arguments may come first or last.
- It includes persuasive language.
- Each paragraph has a topic sentence, at least three supporting sentences, and a concluding sentence.