Student Course Selection Directions
We have begun the course selection process for the 2021-22 school year. The window to select courses is February 20-28. During this time, students in grades 8 through 11 will be entering course requests into Sapphire. Your core subject teachers (including World Language) have entered their recommendations in Sapphire based on current grades and performance.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTERING COURSE REQUESTS IN SAPPHIRE:
- Login to access the COURSE REQUEST FORM which is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Teacher recommendations for English, Social Studies, Math, Science, & World Language are highlighted in green. If you have any questions regarding recommendations, please contact your teachers directly.
- Please utilize the "Counselor Help" option in order to select a course that may not be listed on the COURSE REQUEST FORM or for a course that has been pre-selected that you do not wish to take; type as much information as possible in the space provided.
- LCTI can be found under "Electives." AM or PM LCTI is the 1/2 day program; the Academic Center option is for those students who applied for the full day program at LCTI (grades 10-12 ONLY).
- The maximum number of credits that a student may take is 8.0 credits and the minimum is 7.0 credits. Please note that if a student selects 7.0 credits, a full-year study hall will be automatically scheduled. If a student selects 7.5 credits, a half-year study hall will be automatically scheduled.
- For each elective you would like to take, please select an ALTERNATE choice in the event that your first choice course is not offered or does not fit into your schedule.
- After completing the COURSE REQUEST FORM, please save a copy for your records.
- Please be aware that all course changes must be made by JULY 1st and that requesting a course does not guarantee the course will be offered or scheduled.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING COURSE SELECTION:
Your school counselors will have virtual “drop-in” office hours on February 19 (11AM to 1PM) AND February 26 (11AM to 12PM). Your school counselor assignment can be found in Sapphire, under Student Info.
Mrs. Kelly Mrs. Westbrooks https://slsd.zoom.us/j/ 2098266304?pwd= ZWNUNVl2eUJtSzF4aDFWdmpMQUo5dz 09 https://slsd.zoom.us/j/ 2582052546 Passcode: kelly Passcode: SLHSwest Mrs. Piascik Mrs. Stepanczuk https://slsd.zoom.us/j/ 2061073557?pwd= SU1GQ0FqMXprbHZDdzZqZGpiSWxWdz 09 https://slsd.zoom.us/j/ 9969311970?pwd= d1N5dEc1ZEVmcHVpR2ZFd0ttWkVsUT 09 Passcode: SLHS Passcode: STEP
In addition, please access the course selection presentations on the SLHS website at https://www.slsd.org/Page/
If you have difficulty submitting your course requests, please email email@example.com. Any other questions can be directed to your teachers and/or school counselor.
SLHS Guidance Department