Flyer/Information Distribution Requests
Southern Lehigh Community Events
Flyer Distribution Request Forms must be submitted using the link below. Please review all of the information below prior to submission. Thank you!
1. Request for permission to offer flyer/information from non-profit organizations is made to the Superintendent’s office at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
2. Organizations whose basic goals and objectives are to provide educational, service or recreational programs for residents of the District and which qualify as “charitable organizations” as that term is defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and the applicable regulations of the IRS may apply.
3.For an initial request, organizations will supply proof of non-profit status (tax exemption certificate).
4. Flyers/information MUST BE sent electronically in PDF format by the submitting organization to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Flyer/information is reviewed and approved or disapproved by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
6.Submitting organization is notified of the decision by the Superintendent’s office. Organizations may choose any combination of their desired format for distribution- paper, website, and/or electronic distribution (e-mail). PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT DOING PAPER DISTRIBUTIONS OF FLYERS TO SCHOOLS AT THIS TIME. FLYERS CAN BE SENT VIA EMAIL OR POSTED ON THE WEBSITE.
7. Organizations must complete a Request to Distribute Form indicating which grades and buildings the information will be sent, and the desired date for distribution. Please note we are not doing paper distributions of flyers to schools at this time. Flyers can be sent via email or posted on the website.Those wanting to send flyers/ information in paper format must provide those documents in packs of 30 or packs of 15 if to be distributed to a particular gender for the number of classrooms indicated. Documents must be brought to the Central Administrative Office for distribution to the school buildings.
8. Those wanting electronic distribution must provide an electronic version in PDF format. Electronic flyers/information will be posted to the Community Bulletin Board on the website and also may be sent through the electronic communication system to the targeted audience.
9. The Superintendent’s office will notify appropriate schools of the posting and/or will provide for paper distribution.
REQUEST FOR FLYER DISTRIBUTION: Non-profit organizations may request to have event information distributed or posted
Required disclaimer: Non-profit organizations must include the following disclaimer on each flyer:
"These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Board of Education of Southern Lehigh, the superintendent, or this school."
Permitted flyer/information shall be in the nature of public service announcements of community wide events that are consistent with the District's mission of providing relevant learning experiences for its students and the community-at-large and shall be subject to certain restrictions in keeping with contemporary standards of good taste and will seek to model and promote positive values for our students, staff, and district. In keeping with this standard, no flyers/information will be allowed which:
1. Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, lewd, vulgar, or profane.
2. Violate federal, state or local laws.
3. Violate Board policy or district administrative regulations.
4. Advocate the use or advertise the availability of any substance or material that may reasonably
be believed to constitute a direct and substantial danger to the health or welfare of students,
such as tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs.
5. Incite violence.
6. Advocate use of force or urge violation of federal, state or municipal law, Board policy or
district administrative regulations.
7. Interfere with or advocate interference with the rights of any individual or the orderly
operation of the schools and their programs.