DeSales High School Scholars Program
DESALES UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Applications are available for the HIGHLY SELECTIVE High School Scholars Program at DeSales University in which TWO students from SLHS are able take one course in the fall and one course in the spring free of charge.
Selection criteria for the program include GPA, Strength of Curriculum, SAT/PSAT scores, and application including one short essay about why you wish to participate in the program. SLHS is responsible for selecting TWO students for the DeSales Scholars program.
- Complete Application and email to email@example.com by 3:00pm on Mon., April 26th. The fillable application is attached.
- SLHS is able to select TWO students (and two alternates) for the program. If selected, your school counselor will complete the Nomination Form on your application.
- Suggestions from DeSales for selecting courses:
- Begin with the Course Selection Guide (pg. 5 of PDF) and follow the instructions to identify a course of interest.
- Look up the description for that course in the Undergraduate Catalog to ensure that,
- a) the course still sounds interesting to you; and
- b) you meet any pre-requisite requirements for the course.
- Use WebAdvisor to search for classes (pg. 8 of PDF) to ensure that the desired course is being offered in Fall 2021 and that there are seats available