Lehigh High School Scholars Program
Applications are available for the HIGHLY SELECTIVE High School Scholars Program at Lehigh University. All applicants must submit the following: a completed application including two essays, two letters of recommendation, HS transcript, resume, and standardized test scores (including SAT/ACT/AP Exams).
- Complete Application, resume, core & supplemental essays and email to email@example.com by 3:00pm on Wed., May 5th. The fillable application is attached. If you have any issues with the Word document, you can complete the demographic information of your application via this Google form: https://forms.gle/fY7uVYyjCzMjcnjV7
- Ask for 2 letters of recommendation (typically junior year teacher & school counselor) to be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mrs. Mowrey will compile one pdf of your transcript, test scores, recommendation letters as well as your application, resume, & essays and will email to Lehigh.
- Lehigh COVID Information: While fall planning is currently in progress by Lehigh's administration, we are anticipating that nearly all courses will be on-campus fully or have a component that would require on-campus access. Program participants will be expected to adhere to any current and/or future COVID-19 policy guidelines and expectations of Lehigh students. We anticipate more information about health and safety requirements to come over the summer, but wanted to share the expectation about adhering to those requirements prior to the admission process so applicants can have as much information as possible when determining if they would like to move forward with their application. It is possible that there may be a need to require vaccination of participants, to the extent an individual would be eligible, and/or participation in pre- and ongoing surveillance testing for COVID-19.
- Lehigh will select up to 3 SLHS students and will notify students.
- Selected students are able to enroll in one class at Lehigh in fall 2021 with tuition cost covered by the High School Scholars program. Students are responsible for any course materials, course fees, etc. The course request process will take place in mid-June.
Please stop by the guidance office if you have any questions.
SLHS Guidance Department
Please be aware:
- High School Scholars is open to rising high school seniors and selection is limited to a maximum of 3 SLHS students
- Decisions are made by a selection committee at Lehigh University
- Scholars may take one course tuition-free in the fall semester and if accepted, another course in the spring semester (students MUST re-apply for the spring semester)
- Course offerings through the Lehigh High School Scholars Program are limited