The SLSD Spartan Academy will partner with the EdOptions Academy by Edmentum to provide the core content for the SLSD Spartan Academy.
This updated offering will ensure that SLSD students experience a flexible and personalized instructional experience that engages learners at all levels through a partnership with a national leader in remote instruction.
EdOptions Academy provides students with a truly personalized learning experience alongside a rigorous curriculum, exemplary instruction, and total commitment to student advancement.
The EdOptions Academy offers all students an alternative approach to learning in a challenging but fun and rewarding academic setting. The EdOptions Academy empowers students to take control of their education. The EdOptions Academy provides support from PA certified EdOptions Academy instructors. Upon enrollment in Spartan Academy, students and their families will be able to:
- Access our powerful, state of the art, adaptive diagnostic assessment to gauge students' skills. All incoming EdOptions Academy students receive a unique testing experience that precisely pinpoints their instructional level, strengths, and needs enabling us to tailor learning to their abilities and academic goals.
- Choose from a catalog of over 300 elementary, middle, and high school courses including core, elective, career and technical education, and advanced courses.
- Access award-winning Edmentum courses 24/7, from any computer connected to the Internet; many courses are optimized for mobile devices, including tablets.
- Participate in engaging activities designed to meet all learners' needs, including videos, audio content, and problem-based interactive lessons.
- Work closely with supportive, certified online teachers who are committed to building strong relationships with both the student and learning coach.
- Use pacing and progress-monitoring tools built into the learning platform to help stay on track.
Support from Teachers Experienced in Online Instruction
When students enroll in Spartan Academy they will be assigned a certified EdOptions Academy online teacher to guide them on their virtual learning journey. In addition to grading coursework, the instructors are available to answer questions, help students understand class material, and stay on track to achieve their academic goals. Regular communication occurs via video conferencing, phone, and email. Teachers also offer live lessons and virtual “office hours” for real-time instruction and extra help. EdOptions teachers use our secure, web-based system to manage student grades, assignments, and tests.