“Meals to Go”
** Effective 8/30/21, free lunch and breakfast Meals To Go Kits are available ONLY for Southern Lehigh School District enrolled students! **
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this truly free? – Yes, the Federal Government reimburses Southern Lehigh for every “nutritional meal” served by our food service staff. No Local or State tax dollars are used. The District cannot accept payment from residents for these meals.
- Does this program benefit Southern Lehigh School District? – Yes, everyone is encouraged to take advantage of the program. This program keeps our cafeteria staff working and covers overhead experienced by the Food Service Department.
- I have 3 children under the age of 5. Are they eligible? – No, only students who are enrolled at Southern Lehigh School District are eligible. There is no longer an option of "Meals To Go" for community children unless they're enrolled at SLSD.
- I have a child in half day Kindergarten. Are they eligible? – Yes, students who are in school learners for part of the day but do not have the opportunity to select a free meal for lunch can participate in the Meals To Go program and have a parent pick up a MTG Kit at the High school.
- Our children will not eat something in the meal. Why must I take it? – The Federal Government is very clear on what constitutes a nutritional meal. Families or students must take complete meals or the Federal Government will not reimburse the School District.
- How does my child get a free meal at a SLSD school? – Go to the school cafeteria at lunch and select a meal. Nothing additional is required. The menus can be found here: https://www.slsd.org/Page/12756
- Is everything at the cafeteria free? – No, many buildings have extra A la Carte items that children can buy over and beyond a nutritional meal. A la Carte items are not covered under the Federal Program.
- How does a family with SLSD Spartan Academy/remote learners sign up for Breakfast and Lunch? – Sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScr83Q4qSt9yaD5-jWNWwmwVMy2LCeoniHHQ--P9q-t2fNdWA/viewform
- Will this program continue through the entire school year? - Yes, it will continue through the 2021-2022 school year until June 30, 2022.
- We have one child in school receiving five lunches there and a second enrolled in the Spartan Academy. How do we sign up for grab and go meals? Only the remote learning/Spartan Academy student can receive the 5 breakfast/5 lunch Meals To Go kits, please use the link above or on the Food Services page at www.SLSD.org to sign up.
- Where can meals be picked up? All Meals To Go kits are distributed from the parking area on the left side of the High School, at the side entrance facing the tennis courts, at the Southern Lehigh High School, 5800 Main Street, Center Valley, PA 18034.
- When are the meals available? Mondays - 8:15am-9:15am AND 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. There will be exceptions to the Monday distribution when a Holiday falls on that day. Usually we will distribute the Tuesday after the Holiday. Please check the weekly updated order form for details.
- What can we expect to receive in the breakfast grab and go? – Cherry Frudel, Bagel stuffed w/ Cream Cheese, Mini Cinnis, Muffins, Mini Pancakes, Assorted Cereals, Mini Waffles, Milk, etc.
- What may be included in the lunch grab and go? – Pizza, Hot dog w/ bun, Grilled Chicken Breast w/ bun, Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches, Meatballs w/ sauce & sub roll, Fish Sticks w/ dinner roll, Assorted Breaded Chicken items, Pulled Pork sandwich, Breakfast sandwich, Hamburger w/bun, Sloppy Joe sandwich, Milk, etc.
- How can we get more information? – please call 610-282-3121 ext- 7330 or e-mail Mr. Gregory Martin, Coordinator of Food Services at: email@example.com