Spanish Immersion Enrollment Procedures
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021-2022 School Year
Families who currently have children enrolled in the Spanish Immersion Program:
Families who are new to the Spanish Immersion Program:In order to be eligible for the general lottery selection process, (see Policy 200.1)
- Students must be registered for first grade in the Southern Lehigh School District according to District Policy 200 Enrollment. 2021 -22 Spanish Immersion Sibling Application is available Here.
- Sibling preference is limited to no more than fourteen (14) students.
- Sibling preference deadline is April 7, 2022
- If requests exceed fourteen (14), a Sibling Lottery will be scheduled for April 14, 2022 at 4:00 pm. Information about joining the live lottery will be shared closer to the event. Your attendance at the lottery does not affect admission. Any student (beyond the 14 limit) who is not selected in the Sibling Lottery will be eligible for the General Lottery.
- Students must be registered for first grade in the Southern Lehigh School District according to District Policy 200 Enrollment. Registration will open March 7, 2022.
- Family must be residents of Southern Lehigh School District and meet registration requirements according to Policy 200 and must be registered by April 7, 2022.
- Meet orientation requirements by April 7, 2022.
- Submit a signed program commitment form by April 7, 2022. Documents may be emailed directly to Brian Mansfield, Liberty Bell Elementary School Principal.
To meet orientation requirements and to register for the general lottery selection process, each of the following must be completed no later than April 7, 2022:
- Students must be registered for first grade in the Southern Lehigh School District according to District Policy 200 Enrollment
- View Parent Information Session PowerPoint or attend live session on February 10, 2022
- View at least 2 recorded Spanish Immersion lessons online
- View at least 3 recorded interviews with Spanish Immersion Teachers, Parents, and Students online
- Read Policy 200.1 Admission of Students to Spanish Inmersion Program
- Read the Administrative Regulation for Enrollment Procedures
- Sign and Return the Program Commitment Agreement (available below) by April 7, 2022.
All materials and digital recordings (interviews, lessons, parent meeting) required to complete the orientation activities will be available to parents through an online course/portal that is password protected and will track participation. Parents interested in completing the registration process shall call the Liberty Bell Office (610-282-1850) to secure login information.
The live General Lottery will be held on Thursday, April 21 at 4:00 pm. Parents, Guardians or a family representative (ages 18 or older) are welcomed to attend. No children may attend the live lottery process. All families will receive a letter from Principal Mansfield confirming enrollment of their child in the Spanish Immersion Program or the order they are on the waitlist.
2021-22 Spanish Immersion Timeline
Online Activities: Available- TBD
- Recorded Classroom Visits
- Teacher, Parent, and Student Interviews
- Policy and AR
- Recorded Parent Information Night
Sign and return the Program Commitment Agreement by April 7, 2022.
Online Registration (after completion of required prerequisite orientation activities and submission of the Parent Program Commitment Form) –
Live Lottery – 4:00 PM Thursday, April 21, 2022
July 15, 2022 - Final Commitment by families selected to participate
July 31, 2022- Final Waitlist Commitment by families placed on waitlist/dependent upon commitment from those on original invitation list